Monday, July 6, 2009

3 weeks later...












These are photos I took with my mom's camera before she left. I am forever greatful for my mom's presence in that first week home. It has been a time of pure joy, but it also has had it's fair share of challenges. I am sure that will continue, but I am so thankful for the encouragement and help. I say that I don't know what I'm going to do without her, which isn't really true. I know that Charles and I are going to embrace parenting and work this out together...it's just that there is nothing greater then having the support of your mother through a time like this. She is truly an amazing woman! I hope that I can model love to Julia in the selfless and pure way my mom loves my sister and I.

My dad joined us during the second week as he waited out his arrival due to a case of the flu. It's difficult to picture how much I've changed in the last few weeks as I have become a mother, but it's so interesting to watch my parents jump into the role of grandparenting from the second they saw her. My father is so great with her - he is so gentle and concerned.

I think she will probably get a pony soon... or at least a pair of cowgirl boots. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment