Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spring chicken

My poor child.  That's all I can really say. 
She has been my source of inspiration for all of the great (and not so great) things I have decided to make lately.  The other night I was despirately trying to brainstorm things to put in her Easter basket this year.  Obviously candy is not an option and I want to start the tradition of having an easter basket.
I know, I know, she won't notice.
I was inspired by this post by Smile and Wave which has these easter egg covers that would look adorable as a hat.  I decided to try it out since I had a simple cloth hat lying around and a spare half hour since Julia has devoted a great deal of her floor time to the pursuit of movement. (No. we're still not moving, but she is determined!  So this week she has been so agreeable to hanging out on the floor).
Here we go...it's for her Easter basket, but I couldn't help but to try it out.  Unfortunately this week she has also mastered the art of ripping her hats off.  I wonder if it has anything to do with the chicken...

1 comment:

  1. So cute!!! I love it! I need to get into some sewing. You're inspiring me! :)

    ReplyDelete