Friday, November 5, 2010

Wedding snapshots.

I have changed my perspective about weddings since I have gone through my own.  Before getting married, I took for granted the symbols of love, the preparation, the vows and wanted to fastforward straight to the party.  Now I get chills each time I watch a bride down the aisle - just knowing the anticipation that led to that moment.  I experience the deep love as the minister speaks of what this day is all about.  I squeeze my husband's hand a little bit harder at that moment as we reconfirm our own commitment.  I know that we're both thinking the same thing.  
I love when the couple seals it all with a kiss, but I especially love it when they are introduced for the very first time.  I think I can categorize it the same arena of my love for monogrammed things.  It pulls it all together.  It is their moment of entering into a new identity. 
So, my sister is now Kirstan M. Cazzola.  I am having a harder time with it than when I changed my own last name. 
Kirstan and Greg's wedding song was "This Year's Love", by David Gray, which was beyond fitting for the two of them. In one full year, they met, fell in love, and planned their wedding.  Wedding planning is a bumpy and blissful journey for any couple.  To watch them dance at their wedding and see what God has done in one year was truly a beautiful moment.  As a former bride and someone who knows my sister very well, I also knew that at that moment they could finally relax together and enjoy the rest of the ride. 

The following pictures are the top 10 moments leading to the wedding:
10. Awaiting the big trip
9. Bear bummed beach time
8. Pulling it all togther (with a glass of wine)
7. Meeting new family (from Canada none-the-less!)
6. Precious moments with Babci
5. The sheer fact that Julia was willing to cooperate...for the most part.
4 My sister finding great joy in getting a teddy bear from the spa...this is so her!
3 The flower details - beautifully done!
2 Some great moments with Julia
1. The dance.


1 comment:

  1. what a beautiful talent you have for putting feelings into words...and sharing them with those who love you...

    ReplyDelete