Thursday, June 7, 2012

Ladybug Lila

Sometimes the milestones of your closest friends remind you how quickly time is passing even more than the ones of your own family.  Almost exactly one year ago, I impatiently waited for the text from Shana's husband announcing the arrival of little Lila.  I was convinced it was a boy.  I am always wrong.  
Well, she is officially a one year old.  She is a sure footed and exuberant little one year old who had so much fun at her ladybug themed party. How could you not with the exciting older sisters providing loads of entertainment and some creative and tasty food?  
Lila's first birthday pinafore and matching barrette that I made for her:
Shana is pretty amazing.  She usually fuels a good bit of my culinary inspiration.  This, on the other hand, is way out of my league.  I have not only been blessed with an amazing friend, but the added bonus that she usually brings along one of her tasty treats whenever we're together.  How did I get so lucky? :)
 The bounce house that added more than enough fun for these toddlers!
Lila even had her own wardrobe change.  
 
 And this guy is only 6 weeks behind her.  For the next 6 weeks I will remain in denial of how quickly he is growing up!
Time to gear up for his cowboy-themed birthday party.

No comments:

Post a Comment