Saturday, January 2, 2010

The best of 2009:

What a year it has been!  These initial pictures from last year seem like a lifetime ago!  2009 has been simply life altering.  Here is a quick recap:

January 14th 2009 - 4 months pregnant

February 14th 2009 - this about sums up how we spent our entire winter!

March 8th 2009 - girls weekend in Florida w/ Kirstan

April 2009 - 7 months pregnant (Shana 6 months pregnant)


May 9th 2009 - Kate and J's wedding...I love this picture!

June 13th 2009 - SHE's here - Julia Claire Gray arrives!
July 4th, 2009 - 4th of July parade and a visit from Becca, Ben and Hannah.

August 8th, 2009 - Aunt Kirstan's first visit

September 8th, 2009 - 3 months old, first of many trips to Maine

October 9th, 2009 - 4 months old, first of many trips to Florida
November 21st, 2009 - View from our hotel room on my birthday in New York City-saying good bye to Bec, Bean, Kris, and Kate.

December 7th, 2009 - (6 months old) preparing for our first Christmas as a family.

What I have learned this year:
1) You never quite know how to do it until you're in the midst of it and you just trust yourself and figure it out.
2) Grocery shopping will never be the same...instead of thinking gourmet, I imagine what will be the easiest to grab and prepare quickly.  (Hummus continues to be my best friend!)
3) Long showers have never felt like such a treat.
4) Once you start solids, the smell of diapers will never be the same again!
5) Going through new parenting with other moms is essential.
6) Just when you think you have it all together, some sort of "accident" is going to send you back to square one...prepare for everything, expect very litte, get excited for minor accomplishments.
7) Seeing Julia laugh trumps any other joy - it is humbling to think of the things I will do to get this child to laugh and smile (and even funnier seeing her grandparents do this!)
8).Breastfeeding is on my top list of accomplishments.  Nobody tells you how truly hard it is.  I have a countdown list and I celebrate each month I have continued it.  It is the most precious time that I have with her.
9) 4am 10 years ago in college looks VERY different from the 4am's I encounter now.  Is it possible that I used to think nothing of staying up all night hanging out in Witmer dorm?
10) Love is different now.

My resolutions:
1) Make 1 new recipe per week
2) Learn how to use my sewing machine and make my gifts for people this year (at least a few).
3) Find more one on one time with my husband.
4) Enjoy this time!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

4 comments:

  1. Love the recap and love the grays!!! Can you use the sewing machine to finish my blanket??

    ReplyDelete
  2. it will be your wedding gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you. And I still miss you...

    ReplyDelete