Monday, May 2, 2011

My little fish

We just returned home from a wonderfully relaxing trip to visit family in Tampa, FL this past weekend.  Charles and I booked this trip when there was about 3 feet of snow on the ground, so this was our treat for enduring a significantly harsh New England winter.  We had a wonderful time all packed into four days. 
Most of our time was spent at the beach, but on Friday, Gram had a great idea of taking Julia to a rescue aquarium.  All of the sea life at this aquarium are rescued and rehabed to enter back into the ocean.  Julia loved every moment of it.  She skipped along the pathway to each exhibit and held on tight when the fish swam up close to her.  She was pretty sure that Nemo was among these recovering fish, which I think helped her relax a bit.   
Here she is with her Gram (great Gram!)
 She was pretty impressed with the dolphins.  This is Winter who lost his little flipper.  He now has an adaptive prosthetic flipper, which is sort of comical.  Ahh, the advancements of technology! 
 I asked her what noise a sea turtle makes.  She looked at me for a long time and finally just shook her head and said "nothing".  She's to smart for this stuff.
And her favorite part of the trip was all of the time that she got to spend with Aunt Kirstan and Uncle Greg (Cookie and Elmo according to her).  They spent countless hours in the ocean with her and loved every moment of it!  I don't know who was more excited about their time together.  Julia wanted Cookie by her side at every moment.
Here is a little tank top that I made for Julia in the midst of the snowy winter.  I couldn't wait for her to finally have an opportunity to wear it.  It says "Julia" in the dots.  It is the ultimate example of the simplicity of sewing with a few scraps of cute fabric. 
I am so in love with this little beach bum! 
I see many beach and swimming events in our future!

No comments:

Post a Comment