Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Anxiously awaiting...

"For a long time there were only your footprints & laughter in our
dreams & even from such small things, we knew we could not wait to love you forever
."
- Brian Andreas, Story People







I am in awe as I look back on 38 weeks of pregnancy. I had no idea how much I would embrace this life as she grew from day to day. It has been an amazing journey and now we are faced with a bit more of a planned arrival than expected.

It looks like baby Gray is coming this week due to Pregnancy Induced Hypertension. With all the preparation that has gone into this process, I am at a loss with what to do in these last few moments before she arrives. I recognize that no matter what people tell you, it will never truly make sense until she is here.

So the best thing I can do is reflect.




1 comment:

  1. The pictures of the nursery are beautiful. You and Charles should be so proud of it. You are right, by you two doing it all, you look at the imperfections and see that it is your work, so they are no longer imperfections but character of love.

    I didn't see a bed for scout though on the floor of the nursery??

    ReplyDelete