This is not a random mound of marshmallows.
This is Baby V (top - 20 weeks) meets Baby G (bottom -24 weeks).
The other day I got to spend the day with my dear friend Chrissy. When deciding how we were going to spend our time, there seemed to be no better option than to bake (which we do very well). When one of us mentioned cupcakes and found this recipe, it seemed like the PERFECT remedy to any pregnancy craving (or non-pregnancy craving as my husband discovered). It was also very fitting since Chrissy and I grew up together and were Girl Scouts from the early Daisy days. We have toasted many S'mores throughout our friendship. Now, we shall pass this love on to our children...
What you need for these yummy cupcakes:
cupcake liners (makes about 24)
7 whole graham crackers coarsely copped
1 cup sour cream
1 package chocolate cake mix (I used vanilla, which was fine!)
1 package vanilla instant pudding mix
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
4 large eggs
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 milk chocolate bar - crumble bits for garnish
Marshmallow frosting (see below)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake tin with paper liners
2. Place 1 Tblsp of graham cracker crumbs in the bottom of each liner. Set these aside and reserve the remaining graham cracker crumbs for the garnish. Also set aside 3 Tblsp of sour cream for the frosting.
3. Place cake mix pudding mix, remaining sour cram, water, oil and eggs in a large mixing bowl - blend. Fold in the chocolate chips. Spoon 1/4 cup batter into each lined cupcake cup. Place pan in the oven.
4. Bake until they spring back when lightly pressed (19 to 22 min). Place on a wire rack to cool.
5. Prepare the filling and the marshmallow frosting:
Chocolate filling (this makes a lot, it can be saved or used for another frosting):
1 package chocolate pudding mix
2 cups of whole milk
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
2 Tblsp butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 jar (13oz) marshmallow creme (fluff)
3 Tblsp sour cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
Remove the lid from the jar of fluff and place in microwave for approx 45 seconds. Scrape fluff out of the jar and into mixing bowl. Add sour cream and vanilla extract. With an electric mixer, beat the mixture on med speed until fluffy and well blended (about 1 min).
Fill your cupcakes and frost. Garnish with the extra graham cracker and chocolate pieces.
Above is my new cupcake pan (yes, I like cupcakes so much that I had to purchase this fancy pan) - the red silicone tip adds the center for filled cupcakes. See below for a regular cupcake pan option.
Here is an option from Baking Addiction (how to fill cupcakes), which uses an apple corer. And if you have some extra time, check out her latest recipes...the pictures alone are quite enticing!