Sunday, June 12, 2011

easily distracted

The other day I had this sudden realization that I had no longer mastered the art of multitasking when I asked Scout (our dog) to go check on Julia who was playing downstairs.
It's those moments as a mother that are humbling reminders that I'm not on top of things as much as I'd like to be. I have found that when I plug away at the little things, the big things seem to come together. We have a ton of party planning ahead for Julia and Charles' birthday party next Saturday. Yet with everything going on, I have found it to be so important to spend some time in my studio working on some special projects. I took a break from party planning this week to make a cute little onesie for a friend who is having a little boy a few weeks after me. I have expanded my sewing horizons to figure out how sewing and boyish things can come together.
I think I have opened the door...and I'm sure there will be more to come due to the fact that there are plenty of boys about to arrive!
Happy baby shower Erika! We can't wait to meet baby B!
And tomorrow is officially Julia's 2nd birthday - although she tends to believe that this entire week has been a celebration for her!  The whale onesie may be a sneak preview of the theme in our house right now. Saturday we will be having a New England style lobster bake. I have gotten some great inspiration from some really creative blogs.  So I am excited to see it all come together. 
Here is a look at the invitation (well, part of it):
More festivities to come!  I love this stuff!
You only turn 2 once, you know!



No comments:

Post a Comment