Monday, June 13, 2011

brought to you by the number TWO!

I can't even begin to describe the joy that I feel as we celebrate Julia's second birthday.  She just amazes me everyday and on days like this it is funny to take a step back to see how far she has come in two short years.
 Maybe it's my own high maintenance attitude toward birthdays, but when I thought about what to do for Julia on her actual birthday, I kept coming up short.  Nothing felt like it could truly capture the celebration that we feel in our hearts for such a milestone.  The other day someone asked Julia what she wanted for her birthday this year and she responded, "Mimi and Papa".  It's the simple things with her and I decided that she would be more content on our neighbor's swings than she would at the zoo.  I could learn a thing or two from her.  Today was our simple day.  We did what we felt like doing and not much was off limits.  She decided to play with playdough on the floor, roll in the dirt in her white dress, and have dessert with every meal.  We met daddy out for lunch and had her favorite meal for dinner - enchiladas and corn on the cob at her request. It all ended with a walk around our lovely neighborhood as Julia rode on her new tricycle, ice cream cones before bed and stories of the day that she was born. 
Ahh, at what age does this become complicated?

Her first official birthday donut
and TWO sippy cups for our favorite TWO year old as she holds her mini water polo ball (a special gift from daddy to jump start her water polo career)

This is our day winding down - (please ignore my attire, at this point in my pregnancy I am a magnet to most stains!).  Most of her energy is spent attempting to let me know how much she thinks she can do on her own, though she always takes time to snuggle.  Two is a big milestone because it is the ultimate transition into this independance.  This picture below is my little reminder that there are still room for these moments of the pure reliance and comfort needed from a parent. 
The perfect ending to our perfect day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment